Warning: Declaration of gp_mobile_menu::start_lvl(&$output, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/micha207/public_html/ops/wp-content/themes/buddy/functions.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of gp_mobile_menu::end_lvl(&$output, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::end_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/micha207/public_html/ops/wp-content/themes/buddy/functions.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of gp_mobile_menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $id = 0) in /home/micha207/public_html/ops/wp-content/themes/buddy/functions.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of gp_mobile_menu::end_el(&$output, $item, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::end_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/micha207/public_html/ops/wp-content/themes/buddy/functions.php on line 0
Ontario Pathfinder Society | 401 Games, Tuesday Evening 2016 (RPG)
401 Games, Tuesday Evening 2016 (RPG)

401 Games, Tuesday Evening 2016 (RPG)

We’re moving signups and game announcements from this site. For the moment, we’re using Warhorn. Please go to warhornย to sign up as either a GM or player.

Feedback on this would be appreciated. There is a forum post on this (ontariopathfinders) site to discuss matters

Paul Jackson
Been gaming since the white box came out.

27 Comments

1. personnameds - August 1, 2016, 8:30 am

I just tried to sign up on Warhorn. I have a login. However, it says I need to be cleared to sign up for games. I’d can play either game but was going to sign up for Dead Man’s Debt.

• p-sto - August 1, 2016, 12:28 pm

You seem to be signed up just fine for the event

2. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 2, 2016, 10:54 am

It looks like I have a full table, not counting Dean. If somebody could be prept dared to run an overflow table that would be good

• p-sto - August 2, 2016, 1:46 pm

At this moment there are no sign ups for Blakros Connection or expressions of interest in an alternative scenario. We really need to stop being squeamish about sending people home if they haven`t signed up in advance.

3. EricMcG

EricMcG - August 2, 2016, 8:09 pm

Kind of hoping Blakros Connection didn’t run. Only 5-9 I haven’t played.

• Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 3, 2016, 11:40 am

It did NOT run

• EricMcG

EricMcG - August 3, 2016, 7:23 pm

Did you have enough for a 2nd table and GM to go with it?

• Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 3, 2016, 8:17 pm

Yup. Ran Consortium Compact

4. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 7, 2016, 10:46 pm

Note that I’ve created two tables for Tuesday. I’ll step in to GM for one of them, if there is sufficient demand I’d appreciate it if somebody else would step in to GM for the other

5. p-sto - August 7, 2016, 11:32 pm

Options I have for Beyond Azlant Ridge are level 5 cleric, druid or wizard or level 7 paladin. So I have a character for just about any party role but out of subtier is as low as I go. Wow, my characters level way too fast.

6. personnameds - August 8, 2016, 9:51 am

I have a 4 Fighter and 6 Wizard so I am good for either subtier as well.

7. Mage of the Wyrmkin - August 8, 2016, 10:18 am

I have a 3rd level Cleric and 4th level Druid in range. My Druid is fine to play up as she will always be flying and has great ranged attacks.

8. p-sto - August 8, 2016, 12:59 pm

Based on the scenario description I’m not expecting a huge social side to this scenario so I’ll probably avoid the paladin unless we look like we really need a front liner. Standing around waiting to hit something sounds like a boring way to play. I know Paul has taken to referring to season seven as the Year of the Skill Check but I think I’m starting to lean towards the Year of the Unnecessary Subsystem or perhaps Year of the Tedious Sidebar.

9. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 8, 2016, 2:18 pm

Just played this. 4 players, high tier, Core.

While Paizo does, of course, ignore its own rules there are NO new subsystems for the players to worry about.

For what its worth, I quite liked it. Lots of player level choices that DO affect things, some opportunities for roleplaying, even some social stuff.

• p-sto - August 8, 2016, 4:22 pm

I’ll note that you specifically did not deny tedious sidebars. I do however tend to enjoy scenarios where player choices impact upcoming encounters.

• Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 8, 2016, 10:08 pm

In fairness, haven’t started prepping it yet so I don;t yet know how tedious the sidebars are ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

10. p-sto - August 9, 2016, 11:55 pm

I’m trying to convince myself that buying the heavy flail is a terrible terrible idea but the roleplaying aspect is so funny I’m having a hard time seeing reason.

• Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 10, 2016, 2:33 am

You actually get a little bit of a price break on it (ignoring the prestige costs). And while bane monstrous humanoid/axiomatic isn’t the best possible combination its not actually that bad. Comes up reasonably often

And it has SO much potential fun ๐Ÿ™‚

I might put my GM credit on a character that can actually use it :-).

• p-sto - August 10, 2016, 2:39 am

The problem is is the permanent negative level for handling the weapon. Two negative levels if I bring it up to axiomatic. On the other hand my character would get to argue with the sacred weapon of her god, which is all kinds of silly.

11. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 14, 2016, 7:46 pm

I suspect that we’ll only have the one table but I scheduled a 3-7 as well just in case.

If people sign up for it I’ll need a GM to step up

12. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 21, 2016, 9:37 pm

I’ve added 3 tables this week although I expect at most 2 to actually run. I do need a GM to step up for at least 1 of them, I’ll try and cover the other two.

Note that Portent’s Peril was ran at Wizards Cache this week so I think I’ll wait at least a little bit before offering it at 401 again

13. p-sto - August 21, 2016, 10:34 pm

If Echoes of the Overwatched ends up being a table of level 1 and 2 characters I’ll probably join the table with my level 5 cleric to help with healing.

14. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 29, 2016, 11:43 am

I need a GM to step up to please run Trouble in Tamran. Or, if they prefer, they can run Ward Asunder and I’ll run Trouble

15. p-sto - September 18, 2016, 9:38 pm

Well since there’s already one sign up on overflow may as well add a second. In the event that Paul wishes to abandon Valley of Veiled Flame a 7-11 may be easier to accommodate me. There are about four 5-9s that I can actually play but still a solid selection of 7-11 that I have yet to touch. I’m on campaign tracker with the same handle in the event that you wish to check which scenarios work.

16. EricMcG

EricMcG - September 19, 2016, 5:38 pm

Given the one signed up for Veiled Flame is level 6, a 5-9 may be a better fit. I don’t recall seeing you either time I ran Orders From The Gate, maybe it’s time for a redo. That I would be able to play is purely coincidental.

• p-sto - September 20, 2016, 12:36 am

I do have a couple characters I could play in Orders of the Gate

17. DavidC - September 20, 2016, 5:34 pm

I have not been able to fix my glasses. on account that I can’t see well enough to fix my glasses.

So I’m going to stay home tonight until my roommate gets home to fix them for me.