Warning: Declaration of gp_mobile_menu::start_lvl(&$output, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/micha207/public_html/ops/wp-content/themes/buddy/functions.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of gp_mobile_menu::end_lvl(&$output, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::end_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/micha207/public_html/ops/wp-content/themes/buddy/functions.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of gp_mobile_menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $id = 0) in /home/micha207/public_html/ops/wp-content/themes/buddy/functions.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of gp_mobile_menu::end_el(&$output, $item, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::end_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/micha207/public_html/ops/wp-content/themes/buddy/functions.php on line 0
Ontario Pathfinder Society | Fan Expo DRAFT Schedule
Fan Expo DRAFT Schedule

Fan Expo DRAFT Schedule

Hi all,

Here is my first attempt at a schedule for Fan Expo. Nothing is set in stone so please comment!

FanExpoSchedule1

Click on the image to expand it.

GMs, if this does or does not work for you, again, please comment.

44 Comments

1. p-sto - June 13, 2016, 12:35 pm

Looks like I’m scheduled to run two exclusives, seems like a fair bit of confidence that I’ll have my fourth star by Fan Expo. On the upside it did motivate me to organize the sign up sheets that I haven’t reported yet. Looks like I’m 19 tables away from 100. Doable in two and a half months especially with me running Wardens but I suppose I’ll have to stop slacking on the GMing.

2. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - June 13, 2016, 2:57 pm

Not sure of you’ve covered this before but ..

What are the requirements to get a 4 day pass? You’ve currently got me not running anything on Saturday (which is fine, quite willing to play instead, want to make sure that I can show up then for free :-))

• p-sto - June 13, 2016, 3:09 pm

An interesting situation, Saturday is the busiest day of the convention so usually it’s asked that everyone volunteers for it but with a shortened schedule on the day, probably to accommodate D&D, it seems reasonable that not everyone would be needed for it.

It’s curious that we don’t seem to have any season 8 scenarios scheduled for the con. Looking at Paizo’s site we have three scenarios being released for it at the start of August which should be more than enough time for us to prep them.

• DavidC - June 13, 2016, 3:35 pm

I didn’t even realize season 8 stuff was already publicly available. I’ll make some shifts to add some of them.

• DavidC - June 13, 2016, 3:10 pm

4 slots GMing, or demoing, or running front desk.

3. EricMcG

EricMcG - June 13, 2016, 5:05 pm

Friday morning may be an issue for me. I won’t know until mid-August if I can get the day off.

4. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - June 13, 2016, 10:32 pm

One thing to note – if anybody wants free admission but didn’t volunteer in time or doesn’t want to GM, TAG is also looking for volunteers

5. Daryl - June 14, 2016, 8:30 am

Hey looks like i’m on for Friday Demo Table (not sure what that is or what i need to prepare, might need a flipmat?) then front desk 4pm (not sure what that is either) then hoping to play Special 8pm? Thanks for more clarity

6. ZakkySeesYou - June 15, 2016, 3:04 am

I’m down to volunteer and/or GM as necessary, and I’m going to make sure I have that weekend off, so schedule me as you wish!

7. personnameds - June 15, 2016, 7:44 pm

I, Sudeep, won’t be able to do the 11 am shift on Friday. I’m good for the rest. Thanks for organizing.

8. Tsuji - June 15, 2016, 9:40 pm

I’m down to volunteer as a GM or help. I may or may not have my 4th GM star by then to run specials.
    I’d need to get entry waived, but other than that, feel free to assign me whatever scenarios you want me to run.

9. trevalyan - June 17, 2016, 1:29 am

Hey guys. This is Rohan- I’m fine with volunteering or GMing on Saturday or Sunday. Hope to see you at FanExpo!

10. Finegas

Finegas - June 17, 2016, 11:16 pm

Finally noticed the post :p

I’ll echo a previous question about what kind of prep work you need from us for the demo tables. Secondly if we’re planning on coming on Thursday and don’t GM/Volunteer till Friday how do we go about tickets, its my first year GMing at FanExpo so i haven’t the foggiest idea how they do their volunteer registration?

Do you mind if i switch out Tide of Morning for something else, I’ve GMed it before and would rather run something else, maybe Rise of the Goblin Guild from Season 4?

11. Gar G.

Gar G. - July 3, 2016, 5:31 pm

I just have one thing to ask: instead of the 3-7 Song of the Sea Witch, is it okay if I do the 1-3 Overflow Archives on Friday? I can also do something on Saturday if the schedule changes.

12. DavidC - July 21, 2016, 11:33 pm

IMPORTANT: I need all GMs to fill out this online form http://fanexpocanada.com/volunteers/

Final schedule will be up soon.

I’ll need to know who needs free scenarios they’re running.

• ZakkySeesYou - July 23, 2016, 9:15 pm

Once again, I’m pretty much totally available for the con, and I’m willing to run pretty much any scenarios

13. DavidC - July 25, 2016, 5:04 pm

Zakky please email me at luciancarter (at) gmail (dot) com with your contact info.

I also need info for Ramirez, and Finegas.

• Finegas

Finegas - July 27, 2016, 11:24 am

Email has been sent, so let me know if it didn’t arrive for some unknown reason.

14. Mage of the Wyrmkin - August 11, 2016, 9:36 pm

David: Any idea on when we will be able to sign up for games on Warhorn?

15. DavidC - August 12, 2016, 2:11 pm

Now! https://warhorn.net/events/fan-expo-canada-2016

• p-sto - August 12, 2016, 5:09 pm

For some reason the special for Friday evening was put up as a six player event.

16. Finegas

Finegas - August 14, 2016, 4:07 pm

Any idea when Paizo will send out the pdfs so we can start preping?

• DavidC - August 14, 2016, 4:46 pm

Did you send me a list of which ones you needed and which email and login name you use at Paizo?

I have not been able to send the request yet because I keep having to chase down people for this information,.

• Finegas

Finegas - August 14, 2016, 7:51 pm

Email sent out with relevant info, guess my previous one asking what you wanted got buried 🙂 Let me know if this one goes missing too or i’ve overlooked any info you need.

17. p-sto - August 18, 2016, 11:52 am

Has anyone read through Serpent’s Ire yet? Glancing over it the scenario appears like it’s going to take a good three or four read throughs to prep properly and advanced knowledge of the scenario will give a huge advantage to someone playing it. I think I may just pass on playing it at Fan Expo.

• Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 20, 2016, 2:03 pm

Haven’t read it yet but just played it. You definitely want to play it first if at all possible,

Haven’t quite decided if I’m giving it a 2 or 1 star review. It has some significant flaws

18. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 20, 2016, 2:08 pm

I am complete and utter moron and just realized that I can NOT make it the Friday (where I have 2 scheduled games to run). I have a previous engagement that I can NOT cancel or move at this point.

Is it possible for me to switch games with somebody else?

• p-sto - August 20, 2016, 2:17 pm

If David can get me a copy of the multi-table special I suppose I can step in for that, no trading necessary. I probably won’t get another opportunity to run Through the Maelstrom Rift based on the speculation of it’s exclusivity so I’d like to keep that.

• Gabe - August 20, 2016, 10:27 pm

I could take your front desk slot if you can run Orders from the Gate Thursday night. I can give you my copy, I’ll bring it tomorrow. I could actually use Thursday off to help my brother move anyway, so that would help me too. Well, I guess it would help my brother.

• Gabe - August 21, 2016, 7:45 pm

Woops, somehow I failed to notice the first time I checked the schedule that you’re already GMing Serpent’s Ire Thursday night, and during my Sunday shift too, so nevermind, I can’t help.

19. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 24, 2016, 12:12 pm

Just bringing this back to the front page so that people can see it again.

I’m currently doing fairly little GMing this con. If people want to play more and GM less let me know and if I’m free I’ll swap in

• p-sto - August 24, 2016, 12:57 pm

You can take my front desk Saturday afternoon if you like. I somehow feel that with four hours of talking to people about PFS I’m not going to be able to say strictly positive things the entire time.

20. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 24, 2016, 12:20 pm

By the way, the warhorn site to sign up for games is online now. (not our local site, this is fanexpo specific).

We don’t seem to be able to sign up as GMs.

I noticed one thing, there is at least one PFS game listed that is not on the draft schedule above.

Friday Afternoon, Captives of Toil

21. DavidC - August 25, 2016, 12:14 pm

When I find out what BLEEPing special Paizo is deigning to allow us to run I will be sending into to all the GMs.

• p-sto - August 25, 2016, 1:53 pm

Oh, we`re getting PFSed once more. Paizoed perhaps has a cleaner ring but Paizo customer service has consistently been responsive and reasonable, even authors have had an exceptionally pleasant presence on the forum. To me this really is an issue with the nature of organized play.

I should take the time to acknowledge all the hard work David has been doing to keep events like this going. Even under good circumstances the work he`s been doing has been exceptional. Given the clear indifference of campaign management his efforts are beyond words. I do apologize for all the bitter complaining I`ve been doing because I`m not sure if it adds anything useful to the community but I wanted to make it clear that when I make these complaints I`m in no manner trying to dismiss the hard work that volunteers here are consistently offering.

• Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - August 25, 2016, 3:22 pm

Uh, could you possible explain exactly what the issue is? Does this only affect the Friday Special?

Oh, and I agree with Peter – thank you very much for all of the work that you’re doing on this

• p-sto - August 25, 2016, 3:25 pm

The issue is that the new special needs to be approved by the relevant RVC in order to run at a convention. PFS in it`s infinite wisdom decided to apply this new requirement without notifying organizers so David is now scrambling to find out which special we will run Friday.

• p-sto - August 25, 2016, 3:37 pm

I should add that this is what I`m speculating based on following discussions about specials, exclusives and their availability. David hasn`t actually told me anything about this. Just thought I would throw out what I`ve gleaned because I`m not sure if David`s NDA will allow him to comment more than he has.

• EricMcG

EricMcG - August 25, 2016, 6:11 pm

Rationally, I would expect it to be the end of Season 7 Year of The Serpent special, seeing as it is, you know, the end of Season 7 and all. Irrationally, I would expect it to be Starfinder Season 0 Year We Discovered Context special.

22. Gabe - August 30, 2016, 5:47 pm

Just so I can stop worrying about it, did we hear back from Fan Expo after we all had to apply to be volunteers? That’s the last thing I remember happening with that, and I’m fairly certain that didn’t happen last year

23. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - September 4, 2016, 10:05 pm

I’d just like to thank David for all the hard work that he did to make Fan Expo the success that it was this year.

• Finegas

Finegas - September 4, 2016, 10:19 pm

Agreed! This year like every year he did an amazing job!

• Gabe - September 5, 2016, 3:28 pm

Yeah, he did a lot of hard work and took the full brunt of Paizo’s screwing us around. I don’t think I could handle that close of a relationship with Paizo, I very likely would have left by now on less than civil terms, so thanks are definitely in order.