Warning: Declaration of gp_mobile_menu::start_lvl(&$output, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/micha207/public_html/ops/wp-content/themes/buddy/functions.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of gp_mobile_menu::end_lvl(&$output, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::end_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/micha207/public_html/ops/wp-content/themes/buddy/functions.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of gp_mobile_menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $id = 0) in /home/micha207/public_html/ops/wp-content/themes/buddy/functions.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of gp_mobile_menu::end_el(&$output, $item, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::end_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /home/micha207/public_html/ops/wp-content/themes/buddy/functions.php on line 0
Ontario Pathfinder Society | Fan Expo Preparation
Fan Expo Preparation

Fan Expo Preparation

Fan Expo is approaching. It will be September 1-4, once again at the Metro Toronto Convention Center.

We’re hoping to run over 40 tables. To do that we need a lot of GMs.

Are you interested in running? If so please comment below with which days you can make it, roughly how many games you wish to run and any scenarios you’d really like to include.

30 Comments

1. Geoffrey

Geoffrey - May 24, 2016, 7:34 am

David, I’m unable to help this year, but I will reach out to my GMs and either have them contact you directly, or post here.

2. jason - May 24, 2016, 9:05 am

I’ll be there Friday through Sunday. I can probably run 5 or 6 times. Any news on which convention special will be run?

3. p-sto - May 24, 2016, 9:40 am

Guess I’m up for showing up on the Saturday to run one or two tables. Portent’s Peril looks like it will be a fun scenario and I’m in for running a table for the multi table special as well.

4. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - May 24, 2016, 12:50 pm

Assuming that admission is free I can show up all 4 days. Would like to play 1 slot every day there are 2 or more slots, can GM the rest of the time.

Willing to run whatever you want. That said, you might as well take advantage of the Specials that I can run.

I’d suggest that you concentrate on Season 7. Its a very good season over all with several sets of related adventures that could be run on successive days.

• p-sto - May 24, 2016, 1:41 pm

The end of season special Through the Maelstrom Rift sounds incredibly cool. I’m hoping they won’t follow the pattern of True Dragons and make it a five star exclusive. I may actually have my fourth star by Fan Expo. I should probably get around to reporting for WizCache sometime.

5. EricMcG

EricMcG - May 24, 2016, 4:26 pm

I can do Saturday and Sunday, just 5-9s and 7-11s though.

6. personnameds - May 24, 2016, 5:23 pm

Thursday and Friday afternoon evening. Saturday and Sunday anytime. Happy to run whatever and as many as needed.

7. Brian - May 24, 2016, 5:31 pm

I’ll be available all weekend, including Thursday. I’d be willing to run any tier for the special if needed.

8. Finegas

Finegas - May 25, 2016, 9:38 am

I can run stuff fri-sun and depending on whether work is nice to me Thursday as well.

9. DavidC - May 25, 2016, 1:07 pm

SCHEDULE

Thursday
    5 p.m.

Friday
    11 a.m.
    4 p.m.
    8 p.m.

Saturday
    11 a.m.
    4 p.m.

Sunday
    11 a.m

The special (which will be the brand new season 7 ending special) is FRIDAY NIGHT.

I realize an 8 p.m. start is a tad late but it was the only way I could make things fit.

Having the special on Friday means those who find the entire con too expensive need only show up for Friday.

10. p-sto - May 25, 2016, 1:14 pm

Okay if the special is Friday then I suppose I`m in for volunteering Friday and Saturday, 3 to 4 slots if that`s acceptable.

11. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - May 25, 2016, 1:53 pm

How come only the one game Sunday this year? Don’t we traditionally run two?

• p-sto - May 25, 2016, 2:20 pm

Could be for the best, the second Sunday slot tends to be typified by low numbers of players and barely functioning GMs, at least from what I’ve seen with two years of Fan Expo.

• DavidC - May 25, 2016, 8:27 pm

And we were nearly kicked out midgame last year.

12. EricMcG

EricMcG - May 25, 2016, 4:30 pm

I can do the Special Friday, any tier. Saturday if you need me and there is interest for high tier play.

13. personnameds - May 25, 2016, 7:02 pm

All except Friday 11 am are good for me. I’m happy to GM any tier.

14. DavidC - May 25, 2016, 8:43 pm

We will also need volunteers to run a demo table and front desk.

15. Gabe - May 26, 2016, 12:51 am

I can run 2 or 3 games, any time. Assuming we don’t have to pay admission, of course. I’d also be quite happy to take a shift or two occupying the front desk.

16. GregLloyd - May 28, 2016, 7:54 pm

Hi . Greg Lloyd can DM at 4 pm and 8 pm on Friday, and 11am and 4 pm on Sat. I hope to play all the PFS Specials at GEN CON this Aug., and so I will be familiar with the Fri. Special

17. GregLloyd - May 28, 2016, 8:05 pm

Hi pathfinders. I will be driving down to ORIGINS this year, and I have room in my car for 1 or 2 gamers. It is a 9 hour drive ,but with a co-driver, it is a lot easier. My motel is an 9 minute drive to the con site and only costs $400 Canadian for 4 nights. I intend to leave Wed. June 15 in the morning, and return Sun. June 19 in the evening. I am driving down from Barrie, thru Toronto, and Windsor to Columbus, Ohio. So if you wanna go too, send me an email.

18. Gar G.

Gar G. - May 29, 2016, 10:41 pm

I can run things on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, on any slot. I can do demo tables, but I’d also like to GM a table for the Convention Special. While I’d personally like to run higher tier scenarios, I’ll be perfectly happy with setting things up for new players.

19. DavidC - May 30, 2016, 10:28 am

I am overwhelmed by the response so far. We are close to having everyone we need.

20. Ramirez - June 10, 2016, 8:22 pm

I am interested in running a game. I am available for the 4pm Friday until Sunday. For scenarios, I’m still pretty new at GMing, but I’m up for pretty much anything.

• DavidC - June 11, 2016, 4:22 pm

Just one game? That will mean you’d have to pay partial admission.

21. ZakkySeesYou - June 11, 2016, 1:16 pm

I’m also seriously interested in helping our, whether it be by GMing or anything else; I’ll be available the entire weekend

22. posterguy - June 12, 2016, 9:32 pm

I’m also a fairly new GM to pathfinder (But I’ve gm’d every edition before), but would be happy to run 2-3 scenarios possibly Friday through Sunday. Cheers! Drew

23. DavidC - June 12, 2016, 9:57 pm

Drew, it looks like we’re full. I’ll be posting the draft schedule soon and we’ll see if anyone has to step back. That might open some slots.

24. Paul Jackson

Paul Jackson - June 13, 2016, 10:29 am

As long as I GM enough to get a free pass I can GM less if it allows others to GM enough to get a free pass 🙂

25. EricMcG

EricMcG - August 20, 2016, 11:58 am

I am wondering if there is interest in high tier (level 12+) for the Special? The nice thing about doing it Friday is that the day pass is $40 and people might come down just for the Special.